Welcome!

I am Petteri from Finland and I have something special to share with you: my grandpa. The youth seem to consider the old people rather boring. That might be true in general - but not in this case. My grandpa seems to be having a lot more fun in his 70s than me in my 20s!!

We got him a laptop last Christmas, and by now he's learned to use email - and surf xxx, of course (I've been spying on his surf history...naughty me).

Since I always found my grandpa quite entertaining, I encouraged him to start blogging. To my surprise, he was somewhat
enthusiastic. I guess he just wants to pump up his manliness in the eyes of his alleged net girlfriends.

So, grandpa sends me email about his daily activities, I translate it to English to the best of my ability, and deliver it for your consumption. Enjoy!!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Stitches

Hello again! I promised to tell you about those stitches. I haven't got much time to write right now, because my pal Jamppa is coming to pick me up by taxi soon. We plan to go angling.

To the stitches...I was visiting my friend Akseli that day. He and his wife have a beautiful little farmhouse just a few kilometers out of town. They've got a couple of sheep, a few chicken and even an old pony at their yard for the grandchildren. It's a nice place to swig away a hot summer day.

I was picking up flowers and some fancy looking hay for the wife, when Akseli asked me to go see his Ford Anglia in the barn. Once out of his lady's field of vision, he took out a bottle of Scotch and handed it over. So, I stuffed the flowers in my rear pocket and took a good pull.

Back in the yard, I bowed down to marvel at a freaky centipede. At the same time, I felt an enormous sting in my buttock. Before I even knew it, I had turned around and punched the poor thing in the face. That was when it occurred to me what had happened: a sheep had seen a lunch sticking out of my rear pocket and sinked it's teeth in it! Then it ran around swaying, after receiving such a nasty punch. Although I was in pain, I felt quite sorry for it.

Akseli had to take me to the hospital. They patched my rear together, and sent me home to sip some Cognac.

Now the stitches have been removed, and I can sit on a case of beer by the river again. I just love angling! Who knows, we might even get our hooks in the water this time...

-Grandpa